2. The Company recognizes the confidential nature of the Personal Information in its care and is accountable for the compliance of itself and its directors, officers, management, employees, representatives and agents including consultants and independent contractors (the “Staff”) in protecting this Personal Information.
4. Personal Information includes but is not limited to name, home address, home phone number, home email address, identity verification information, Social Security Number, physical description, age, gender, salary, education, professional designation, personal hobbies and activities, medical history, employment history, credit history, contents of resume, references, interview notes, performance review notes and emergency contact information.
5. Personal Information will not include the Individual's business title, and business address and contact information when used or disclosed for the purposes of reasonable business communication.
7. The Company and the Staff will at all times respect the confidentiality of the Personal Information placed in its care. The Company will endeavor to ensure that the policies affecting the collection, storage and disclosure of Personal Information reflect the confidential nature of the information.
8. The Company will comply with all applicable privacy legislation and regulations in force now and in the future related to protecting the confidentiality of Personal Information. Purposes for which Personal Information is Collected
9. Personal Information will be collected, used and disclosed for purposes pertaining to the Individual's employment relationship with the Company, including but not limited to the administration of employee hiring, performance reviews, the administration of employee payroll, processing of employee benefit claims, and for the purpose of complying with all applicable labor and employment legislation.
10. The purposes for collecting Personal Information will be documented by the Company. Personal Information will only be used for the stated purpose or purposes for which it was originally collected. The purposes for which Personal Information is being collected will be identified orally or in writing to the Individual before it is collected. The person collecting the information will be able to explain the purpose at the time that the information is collected.
11. The Company may use Personal Information for a purpose other than the originally stated purpose where the new purpose is required by law or where the Company has obtained consent in writing from the affected Individual for each new purpose. Knowledge and Consent
13. Consent will not be obtained through deception or misrepresentation.
Legislation and Regulation
14. Where the Company has Individuals living and working in different jurisdictions the specific rights and obligations of Individuals may vary between jurisdictions.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
17. The Company and the Staff will keep confidential all Personal Information in its control except where one or more of the following conditions apply: a. where the Individual who is the subject of disclosure has provided written consent;b. where the disclosure is in accord with the purposes for which the Personal Information was originally collected; c. where the disclosure is for the purpose of providing employment references to prospective employers and where the Personal Information disclosed is limited to information considered reasonably necessary for the purpose of providing employment references; d. where the Company is permitted or required to do so by applicable legislation or regulation; e. where the disclosure is directed to health benefit providers and where the purpose of the disclosure is in accord with the purposes for which the Personal Information was originally collected; f. where the disclosure is required by authorized government representatives who are acting to enforce any federal or state law or carrying out an investigation relating to the enforcement of any federal or state law or gathering information for the purpose of enforcing any federal or state law; g. where the Company is required to comply with valid court orders, warrants or subpoenas or other valid legal processes and h. in an emergency to protect the physical safety of any person or group of persons.